The National Distribution Company (NDC), subsequently named Galileo Zimbawe, was established in May 1998 as a division of Air Zimbabwe as a result of the Distribution Agreement entered into by Air Zimbabwe and Galileo International.
In January 1999, Galileo Zimbabwe became Galileo Zimbabwe (Pvt) Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Air Zimbabwe, after registration with the Registrar of Companies in Zimbabwe.
“To provide computer based solutions to the travel industry by adapting Galileo international’s innovative products to local conditions, so that we can realise growth, profitability and market leadership”
The NDC distributes a Computerised Reservations System (CRS) service to travel agents in Zimbabwe as its core business.A CRS is an automated system, which processes booking data and other data to provide, any or all of the following:
- Ability to display flight schedules and seat availability
- Ability to display and/or quote airline fare
- Ability to make airline reservations
- Ability to issue airline tickets
- Ability to perform any or all of the functions similar to above functions in respect of hotel, cars and other travel related services other than air services.
7th Floor Bryanston House
Tel: +263-4-781615-8, 752960, 759337, 758881, 759295