National Handling Services Private Limited (NHS) was formed by Air Zimbabwe and GHI of United Kingdom in 1989. It was incorporated on the 8th of September the same year, with the express aim of providing passenger and cargo handling at Harare, Bulawayo and Victoria Falls airports. Prior to its inception NHS had been providing ground handling services for over 40 years at all commercial airports as a division of Air Zimbabwe. NHS is one of the wholly owned SBU’s of Air Zimbabwe.
To provide and satisfy aviation customers with effective ground handling solutions through the use of modern technology and the efforts of customer – focused staff.
Our range of services includes:
- Aircraft cleaning
- Aircraft loading and unloading
- Aircraft pushback and Towing
- Air start units supply
- Baggage and Cargo Tracing
- Cargo and Mail Handling
- Ad-hoc and Charter flight handling
- Executive lounge facilities
- Ground Power supply
- Left baggage and business centre
- Load control/ Weight and Balance
- Passenger handling
- Special Passenger assistance
- Toilet and water service
- Third Party maintenance
- Cargo and Baggage packaging. Services include shrink wrapping, bubble wrapping, crating, making kennels for pets and provisions of cardboard boxes and small locks.
General Manager Profile
Innocent Mavhunga has been with Air Zimbabwe for the past 24 years, having started off as a Traffic Assistant, working his way up to Station Manager at Harare and Bulawayo airports, Cargo Services Manager and being involved in the setting up of National Handling Services as one of its Senior Managers. Until his appointment to move back to head NHS, Mr Mavhunga was Acting Director of Marketing with Air Zimbabwe.