These Terms and Conditions (“the Conditions”) apply to each Booking You make with us and identify any liability we may have in relation to that Booking. Each Supplier You might have bought a service or product from, where we acted as a disclosed agent, may have its own terms and conditions. Please ensure that you have familiarised yourself with such terms and conditions, if applicable, and that you are in agreement therewith before buying a product from a Supplier through Us. We accept no liability or responsibility of any nature whatsoever for the performance, or failure to perform, of any Supplier or any loss or damage suffered by you resulting from or relating to the services or products purchased from such Supplier.
In any case of ambiguity, conflict or lack of clarity between these conditions and any other conditions from a Supplier or Service Provider, these conditions shall take precedence.
If carriage is performed pursuant to a charter agreement, these Conditions of Carriage shall apply unless otherwise explicitly limited, by reference or otherwise, in the charter agreement or the Ticket.
On some services we may have arrangements with other carriers known as "Code Shares", meaning that even if you have a reservation with us and hold a ticket where our name or airline designator code is indicated as the carrier, another carrier may operate the aircraft. If such arrangements apply, we will advise you of the carrier operating the aircraft at the time you make a reservation. These conditions shall apply under these codeshares unless otherwise explicitly limited on the ticket issued.
These Conditions of Carriage are applicable unless they are inconsistent with our Tariffs or applicable law in which event such Tariffs or laws shall prevail. If any provision of these Conditions of Carriage is invalid under any applicable law, the other provisions shall nevertheless remain valid. The Applicable and governing law in all instances, unless otherwise specifically stated, shall the Zimbabwean law.
CONDITIONS PREVAIL OVER REGULATIONS
Except as provided in these Conditions of Carriage, in the event of inconsistency between these Conditions of Carriage and any other regulations we may have, dealing with particular subjects, these Conditions of Carriage shall prevail.
Fares apply only for carriage from the airport at the point of origin to the airport at the point of destination, unless otherwise expressly stated. Fares do not include ground transport service between airports and between airports and town terminals. Your fare will be calculated in accordance with our Tariff in effect on the date of payment of your ticket for travel on the specific dates and itinerary shown on it. Should you change your itinerary or dates of travel, this may impact the fare to be paid?
TAXES, FEES AND CHARGES
Applicable taxes, fees and charges imposed by government or other authority, or by the operator of an airport, shall be payable by you. At the time you purchase your Ticket, you will be advised of taxes, fees and charges not included in the fare, most of which will normally be shown separately on the Ticket. The taxes, fees and charges imposed on air travel are constantly changing and can be imposed after the date of Ticket issuance. If there is an increase in a tax, fee or charge shown on the Ticket, you will be obliged to pay it. Likewise, if a new tax, fee or charge is imposed even after Ticket issuance, you will be obliged to pay it. Similarly, in the event any taxes, fees or charges which you have paid to us at the time of Ticket issuance are abolished or reduced such that they no longer apply to you, or a lesser amount is due, you will be entitled to claim a refund.
Fares, taxes, fees and charges are payable in the currency of the country in which the Ticket is issued, unless another currency is indicated by us or our Authorised Agent at or before the time payment is made (for example, because of the non-convertibility of the local currency). We may, at our discretion, accept payment in another currency.
To qualify for a group quotation, a minimum of (ten) 10 passengers is required to travel together throughout the journey (i.e. from the point of departure to the final destination). In these cases, a group booking fee will apply, as determined by us from time to time.
We reserve the right to charge reasonable administration fees that are not included in the price of the Ticket. Such fees will apply to special requests including, but not limited to special approved refund requests, e.g. in the event of the death of the Guest. The Administration fee shall not exceed 30% of the ticket price sought to be refunded or the prevailing bank rates of Standard Bank of South Africa or CBZ Bank of Zimbabwe whichever is greater.
PAYMENT CARD CHARGES ANF FEE
Under certain circumstances, when transacting with credit, debit or other payment cards, you may be liable to pay additional fees and charges imposed by your card issuer. We have no control over these charges and fees and accept no liability in respect thereof.
3. CHECK IN AND BOARDING
Check-in Deadlines are different at every airport and we recommend that you confirm for yourself about these Check-in Deadlines and honor them. Your journey will be smoother if you allow yourself ample time to comply with the Check-in Deadlines. We reserve the right to cancel your reservation if you do not comply with the Check-in Deadlines indicated. We or our Authorised Agents will advise you of the Check-in Deadline for your first flight with us. For any subsequent flights in your journey, you should inform yourself of the Check-in Deadlines. Check-in Deadlines for our flights can be found in our timetable, or may be obtained from us or our Authorised Agents. Generally Check in shall be 2 hours ahead of departure time for International Flights and 1 Hour for Domestic Flights.
BOARDING GATE REPORT TIME
You must be present at the boarding gate not later than the time specified on your Boarding pass when you check in
FAILURE TO ARRIVE
We may cancel the space reserved for you if you fail to arrive at the boarding gate in time.
FAILURE TO COMPLY
We will not be liable to you for any loss or expense incurred due to your failure to comply with the provisions of this Article. The Airline reserves the right to drop off any Passenger who fails to abide by its Regulations and Conditions of Carriage. These may include instructions given by the Captain on the particular flight.
FREE BAGGAGE ALLOWANCE
You may carry some Baggage, free of charge, subject to our conditions and limitations, which are available upon request from us or our Authorized Agents
You will be required to pay a charge for carriage of Baggage in excess of the free Baggage allowance. These rates are available from us upon request.
ITEMS UNACCEPTABLE AS BAGGAGE
You must not include in your Baggage:
- Items which are likely to endanger the aircraft or persons or property on board the aircraft, such as those specified in the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Technical Instructions for the Safe Transport of Dangerous Goods by Air and the International Air Transport Association (IATA) Dangerous Goods Regulations, and in our regulations (further information is available from us on request)
- Items the carriage of which is prohibited by the applicable laws, regulations or orders of any state to be flown from or to
- Items which are reasonably considered by us to be unsuitable for carriage because they are dangerous or unsafe, or because of their weight, size, shape or character, or because they are fragile or perishable having regard to, among other things, the type of aircraft being used. Information about unacceptable items is available upon request.
- Firearms and ammunition other than for hunting and sporting purposes are prohibited from carriage as Baggage. Firearms and ammunition for hunting and sporting purposes may be accepted as Checked Baggage. Firearms must be unloaded, with the safety catch on, and suitably packed. Carriage of ammunition is subject to ICAO and IATA regulations.
- Weapons such as antique firearms, swords, knives and similar items may be accepted as Checked Baggage, at our discretion, but will not be permitted in the cabin of the aircraft.
- You must not include in Checked Baggage money, jewellery, precious metals, computers, personal electronic devices, negotiable papers, securities or other valuables, business documents, passports and other identification documents or samples.
- Except to the extent inconsistent with the Convention if, despite being prohibited, any items referred to in Sections 4.3.1, 4.3.2 and 4.3.4 are included in your Baggage, we shall not be responsible for any loss or damage to such items.
RIGHT TO REFUSE CARRIAGE
- Subject to Sections 4.3.2 and 4.3.3, we will refuse to carry as Baggage the items described in Section 4.3, and we may refuse further carriage of any such items upon discovery.
- We may refuse to carry as Baggage any item reasonably considered by us to be unsuitable for carriage because of its size, shape, weight, content or character, or for safety or operational reasons, or in the interests of the comfort of other passengers. Information about unacceptable items is available upon request.
- We may refuse to accept Baggage for carriage unless it is in our reasonable opinion properly and securely packed in suitable containers. Information about packing and containers unacceptable to us is available upon request.
RIGHT OF SEARCH
- For reasons of safety and security we may request that you permit a search and scan of your person and a search, scan or x-ray of your Baggage. If you are not available, your Baggage may be searched in your absence for the purpose of determining whether you are in possession of or whether your Baggage contains any item described in Section 4.3.1 or any firearms, ammunition or weapons which have not been presented to us in accordance with Sections 4.3.2 or
- If you are unwilling to comply with such request, we may refuse to carry you and your Baggage. In the event a search or scan causes Damage to you, or an x-ray or scan causes damage to your Baggage, we shall not be liable for such Damage unless due to our fault or negligence.
- Upon delivery to us of your Baggage which you wish to check, we will take custody of, and issue a Baggage Identification Tag for, each piece of your Checked Baggage.
- Checked Baggage must have your name or other personal identification affixed to it.
- Checked Baggage will, whenever possible, be carried on the same aircraft as you, unless we decide for safety, security or operational reasons to carry it on an alternative flight. If your Checked Baggage is carried on a subsequent flight we will deliver it to you, unless applicable law requires you to be present for customs clearance.
- We may specify maximum dimensions and/or weight for Baggage which you carry on to the aircraft. If we have not done so, Baggage which you carry onto the aircraft must fit under the seat in front of you or in an enclosed storage compartment in the cabin of the aircraft. If your Baggage cannot be stored in this manner, or is of excessive weight, or is considered unsafe for any reason, it must be carried as Checked Baggage, subject to Sections 4.2 and 4.3.
- Objects not suitable for carriage in the cargo compartment (such as delicate musical instruments), and which do not meet the requirements in Article 8.7.1 above, will only be accepted for carriage in the cabin compartment if you have given us notice in advance and permission has been granted by us. You may be required to pay a separate charge for this service.
COLLECTION AND DELIVERY OF CHECKED BAGGAGE
- Subject to Section 4.6.3, you are required to collect your Checked Baggage as soon as it is made available at your destination or Stopover. Should you not collect it within a reasonable time, we may charge you a storage fee. Should your Checked Baggage not be claimed within three (3) months of the time it is made available, we may dispose of it without any liability to you.
- Only the bearer of the Baggage Check and Baggage Identification Tag is entitled to delivery of the Checked Baggage.
- If a person claiming Checked Baggage is unable to produce the Baggage Check and identify the Baggage by means of a Baggage Identification Tag, we will deliver the Baggage to such person only on condition that he or she establishes to our satisfaction his or her right to the Baggage.
- We reserve the right, at our absolute discretion, to refuse to carry any animals. If we agree to carry any animals they will be carried subject to the following conditions:
- You must ensure that animals such as dogs, cats, household birds and other pets, are properly crated (or carried in a container complying with any applicable legal requirements) and accompanied by valid health and vaccination certificates, entry permits, and other documents required by countries of entry or transit, failing which they will not be accepted for carriage. Such carriage may be subject to additional conditions specified by us, which are available on request.
- If accepted as Baggage, the animal, together with its container and food, shall not be included in your free Baggage allowance, but shall constitute excess baggage, for which you will be obliged to pay the applicable rate.
- Service and emotional support dogs accompanying Passengers with disabilities will be carried free of charge in addition to the normal free baggage allowance, subject to conditions specified by us, which are available on request.
- Where carriage is not subject to the liability rules of the Convention, we are not responsible for injury to or loss, sickness or death of an animal which we have agreed to carry unless we have been negligent.
- We will have no liability in respect of any such animal not having all the necessary exit, entry, health and other documents with respect to the animal's entry into or passage through any country, state or territory and the person carrying the animal must reimburse us for any fines, costs, losses or liabilities reasonably imposed or incurred by us as a result.
ITEMS REMOVED BY AIRPORT SECURITY PERSONNEL
We will not be responsible for, or have any liability in respect of, articles removed from your Baggage by airport security personnel acting in accordance with any applicable regulations.
5. ARRANGEMENTS OF ADDITIONAL SERVICES
If we make arrangements for you with any third party to provide any services other than carriage by air, or if we issue a ticket or voucher relating to transportation or services (other than carriage by air) provided by a third party such as hotel reservations or car rental, in doing so we act only as your agent. The terms and conditions of the third party service provider will apply.
If we are also providing surface transportation to you, other conditions may apply to such surface transportation. Such conditions are available from us upon request.
6. SUCCESSIVE CARRIERS
Carriage to be performed by us and other Carriers under one Ticket or a Conjunction Ticket is regarded as a single operation for the purposes of these Conditions.
7. TIME LIMITATION ON CLAIMS AND ACTION
NOTICE OF CLAIMS
Acceptance of Baggage by the bearer of the Baggage Check without complaint at the time of delivery is sufficient evidence that the Baggage has been delivered in good condition and in accordance with the contract of carriage, unless you prove otherwise. If you wish to file a claim or an action regarding Damage to Checked Baggage, you must notify us as soon as you discover the Damage, and at the latest, within 24 hours of receipt of the Baggage. If you wish to file a claim or an action regarding delay of Checked Baggage, you must notify us within seven days (7) Days from the date the Baggage has been placed at your disposal. Every such notification must be made in writing.
LIMITATION OF ACTIONS
Any right to damages shall be extinguished if an action is not brought within 30 Days of the date of arrival at destination, or the date on which the aircraft was scheduled to arrive, or the date on which the carriage stopped. The method of calculating the period of limitation shall be determined by the law of Zimbabwe and the Airline’s Regulations.
All flights are strictly non-smoking. For clarity sake, the use of electronic cigarettes is not permitted on flights.
The title of each Section of these Conditions of Carriage is for convenience only, and is not to be used for interpretation of the text. The Airline reserves the right to give the final interpretation in relation to any ambiguity arising from these Conditions.